When you’re living with anxiety, everyday you wake up and wonder “Am I going to have a good day or a bad day?”
Well honey, I’m going to help you learn how to attract positivity in life so you can turn more bad days into good ones. –Yeah Lovely Girl, these tips help you, passively, to have more good in your life.-
Learning how to attract positivity in life shouldn’t make you want to take a self care day. This post talks about some easy tips to adding positivity to your life. –Trust me, these are really simple!-
I’m going to go over the benefits of adding positivity in your life, how to attract positively daily, and show you some amazing resources to help you learn how to live positively.
The Benefits of Adding Positivity In Your Life
This guide is to about how to attract positivity to life, not eliminating everything negative. No toxic positivity allowed here! This is about seeing the good along with the bad. That’s what adding positivity to your life is about.
The benefits of adding positivity in your life are endless. But we’re going to name just a few to keep you motivated to change your life.
Mayo Clinic states adding positivity to your life helps:
- Increased life span
- Lower rates of depression
- Lower levels of distress and pain
- Greater resistance to illnesses
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Reduced risk of death from cancer
- Reduced risk of death from respiratory conditions
- Reduced risk of death from infections
- Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
I don’t know about you, but just lowering my pain, depression, anxiety, and stress level is enough to learn how to attract positivity in life.
How to Attract Positivity in Life Every Day
Creating a Positive Social Media Feed Promotes Adding Positivity to Your Life
You don’t have to scrap your social media accounts to add positivity to your life. Change your follow settings for accounts you want to visit occasionally, but don’t want constant reminders of drama and sadness. -I am part of a bunch of support groups, but I do not have them on my Facebook feed so I can keep my scrolling more positive.-
Un-follow family and friends that promote negativity.
I don’t follow everyone I know, even if we are family or friends. By knowing everything they do, I am denying myself the surprise of their story when we are together. I only follow people I cannot get together with often and that helps me achieve my goal of adding positivity to my life.
Find some fun pages to follow.
When I am on social media, they fill my screen with cute animals, funny jokes, and inspiration. There are some great joke groups and cute animal pages. If you surround yourself with depression and anxiety all the time, that is how you are going to start feel. So start surrounding yourself with pages that inspire positive thinking, happiness, and help you feel good.
Adding With Love, Me to your social media can help you learn positivity.
We are no drama, no fuss, cute fluffs, and tips for anxiety and self care. Plus, you will see some really cute service dog antics that will have you thinking more positive in no time! Come get to know us and add your first positive vibes to your feed.
Creating Safe Spaces to Decompress from Anxiety
You are a product of your environment. You want a solid foundation to help you create positive thinking habits. And that making your home a haven will begin adding positivity to your life. You’ll feel stress melt away in your safe space.
I spent years hating my home. My mood was so low because I hated being in my home. We live the life of the military, so we get what they give us. -Our choice is whether to live in a military house with the benefits of saving on utility costs, trash service, and maintenance, or buy a home and take a huge risk that we can’t sell that house at moving time.-
And of course I spend most of my time here. I had this negative mindset that this wasn’t my house, so I couldn’t make it my own. I couldn’t love a house that I didn’t pick. I was very wrong!
So I slowly started changing my environment. And it worked! I started loving being home. I was more relaxed. I was sleeping better. And my marriage improved. I was no longer focused on all the bad, but started seeing the positive again. By creating a space that I loved, I was helping my brain engage in positive thinking.
With Love, Me is going to touch on creating safe spaces later, but you can get started right now! Trust me, you’re going to want to have a space that promotes adding positivity to your life.
- Declutter things that cause you stress.
- Add soothing colors and fabrics.
- Add things that clean easily so you don’t add excess stress to your routine.
- Only have items in your home that bring you happiness.
- Instead of having multiple items that do one job, get one item that does multiple jobs to save space!
Adding Trusted Self Care Products to Your Life
There is nothing worse than buying a product, get it home, and it doesn’t do the job you want it to do. It’s the opposite of adding positivity to your life.
It breeds negativity. And this is NOT what you need when you are adding positivity to your life.
That’s where I come in. –Cracks knuckles.- I’ve been searching for the best self care products since I was diagnosed with PTSD & Anxiety.
And I share them with you! Here are my favorite products that I use in my self care kit. If you want more resources for trusted self care products, check out my resources page.
Give Yourself Time for Self Care
Modern day lives are so busy now. We have high stress jobs. We have kids at home that need us. Pets that want attention and need care. Bills need to be paid. Maintenance on home and vehicles. Homes that need cleaning. Social activities. And it goes on…
-Anyone else feel like they need a break just from reading about life’s stresses?-
- It’s having Fun Hobbies that help promote positive mental health.
- It’s breaking down your goals into achievable steps to avoid overwhelming emotions and procrastination.
- It’s making time for you daily!
- It’s an at home date night to reconnect with your significant other.
- It’s eating to fuel your body and not your emotions.
- It’s conquering feeling guilty and selfish when you spend time and money on yourself.
- It’s about treating yourself with kindness so you can give your best to the world!
- It’s about learning to love yourself so the world can love the real you!
- It’s taking a break to play games with your kids, even when you have chores to do.
- It’s not piling on stress related tasks on your to-do list. But also adding in some fun!
And let me tell you girl, YOU NEED IT!
You cannot expect to give your best if you are not treating yourself well. You can’t pour from an empty cup.
Practicing Positive Thinking Exercises & Habits to Improve Your Mental Health
For those of you who really want to finish strong, I’ve included one tougher positivity tip for you.
Sometimes positivity requires big changes, especially if you have suffered trauma. So with the help of your mental health care team, I strongly encourage you to talk it out.
Yup, you heard me. Talk about it.
It allows you to explore your feelings in a safe setting. It’s eye opening!
For true long lasting success, you need to do the work. You need to explore yourself and make positive life changes. Only then will you permanently add positivity to your life.
What We Learned about How to Attract Positivity In Life
Adding positivity into your life doesn’t have to be overly complicated or time consuming. Simple habits will lead to positive actions. Read that again.
In this post, we learned that adding positivity to your life can decrease stress, increase productivity, and encourage happiness.
To add positivity to your life, you will need to:
- Create a Positive Social Media
- Create a Safe Space to Decompress from Anxiety
- Have Trusted Self Care Products in your Life
- Give Yourself Time for self care- because you are worth it!
What are you doing RIGHT NOW to add a little positivity into your life?
Tell me in the comments!
Before You Go…. Support the Blog
Show some love by buying me a coffee.
I’m so grateful for your support to keep a positive space for women with anxiety! Thank you!